Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The problem is your use of the word "new" instead of using the word "different." It's verbal slight-of-hand. Differences are easy to spot but "new" implies some sort of overhaul, a series of changes that goes further than "different." (And, no, I could never pinpoint when one became the other. But I suppose that was your point, wasn't it?)

I am different from moment to moment, but I'm the same for all intents and purposes. I have the same list of likes and dislikes, the same sense of humor, the same speech patters, sexual urges, etc.

TJ today will never be significantly different than TJ yesterday or TJ tomorrow. But, TJ 20 years ago or TJ 20-years-from-now won't bare much of a resemblance to TJ today.

If you replace a new part of your car every once in a while for 20 years until nothing is left of the old car, then it has changed and yet never ceased to be the same car.

5 comments:

HeilFire said...

thats evolution nigra!

Anonymous said...

Hi bitch! I'm a "fan" of yours!

My name is Nathanial - my youtube account is TheAntiChrisCometh.
My MSN is HORNYDEAR@Hotmail.co.uk.

I dare you to fucking add me!
Hear from you soon faggot!

Dash Deathwalker said...

New doesn't exclusively mean different. For all intents and purposes, something new may have every fabric and principles of the old. While something different may be something that is old or new.

"New" and "old" is a temporal comparison of all or parts of an object, inanimate or animate, based on the time of each item's fabrication.

"Different" and "same" is a qualitative comparison that does not take into account the effects of time.

Dash Deathwalker said...

From an atheist point of view, morality is everything that is not immoral, and immorality is everything that is not moral. We have a circular definition here. When a circular logic exists, the labelling of events as being moral or immoral is subject to the decision of the labeller, based on probably what actions he understands to harm others or be beneficial to others.

From a religions point of view, morality is the collective rules that grants good graces with a favoured deity, and disobedience of which warrants punishment.

We live in a society that is governed by the rule of law, and both atheist and theist individuals exist. To the atheist, morality is subjective, and to the theist, morality is objective. Therefore, to settle the question, we legislate in order to obtain the obediance of both theists and atheists. The eye of lady justice is blindfolded, and her sword is neither objective or subjective as it has no consciousness.

I myself therefore define moral acts as those acts which are not prohibited by the relevant laws of your legal jurisdiction.

Anonymous said...

whats up tj i recently started watching ur videos on youtube and they;re awesome i think the exact same way as you if you know what i mean cuz everybody has a different train of thought my youtube accouunt is
cpk9999
shitty name but im too lazy to make a new one
my hotmail is chris_kemmers@hotmail.com

add me
peace the fuck out